Mandeville Chiropractors Can Effectively Treat Low Back Pain
Mandeville Chiropractors know that lower back pain here and across Louisiana is one of the leading causes of disability and one of the top reasons for missing work and other activities. In fact, you may be one of the 31 million Americans who experience back pain at any given time. It is interesting to note that the most common location for back pain is the lower back.
Low back pain can range from mild to severe and it can last from a few days to years. Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek medical attention and it is one of the main reasons our patients seek our outstanding chiropractic care.
The common symptoms of low back pain can vary greatly from person to person and can depend on a wide array of causes. Low back pain can range from dull to sharp. Depending upon the source, the pain may get worse with standing, sitting, bending, or walking. Most cases of back pain are mechanical (meaning not caused by serious conditions--such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture, or cancer). That is very good news.
Six possible causes of low back pain:
- Overexertion at play or work (especially lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching)
- Sports injuries or accidents
- Disc injury, tears or other damage to the “shock absorbers” between the spinal vertebrae
- Disc degeneration (that typically is more common with age)
- Changes to spinal structures (which allow a vertebra to slip forward to the next vertebra)
- Poor standing and sitting posture (which result in both immediate and long-term back problems)
Our chiropractic adjustment and spinal disc decompression are safe and effective treatments. With our comprehensive and caring approach, our chiropractors are highly trained and skilled at relieving back pain because we know that long-term solutions come from looking at the whole picture to help alleviate any pain our patients may feel. Contact us to schedule an appointment with us today!
Image credit - Dreamstime