The doctors at Integrated Spine and Disc use many methods to relieve the backaches and pains of our patients. One of those methods is a procedure known as Spinal Decompression Therapy. Growing in popularity, it is a safe and effective treatment for many patients. According to the American Spinal Decompression Association, Spinal Decompression Therapy has saved thousands of men and women from back pain without the necessity of surgery.
Spinal Decompression offers four distinct advantages because:
- It is a safe and gentle treatment process for everyone
- It is totally non-invasive
- It is non-surgical and an excellent in-office method for pain relief
- It is a totally drug-free alternative treatment (no medication or anesthesia is needed for the procedure)
Spinal Decompression treats:
- Low back pain
- Disc problems: disc degeneration, disc bulges, herniated discs
- Other skeletal issues
How the Spinal Decompression procedure works:
- A special motorized table applies decompression forces to the spine in a safe and controlled manner
- It involves a series of 15 one-minute alternating decompression and relaxation cycles (for an individual treatment time of 30 minutes)
- This process gently elongates the spine and creates a vacuum that pulls the disc back into its proper location and shape within the vertebrae
- The gentle separation of the vertebrae allows herniated or bulging discs to be pulled off the nerve root
- The treatment stimulates the diffusion of water, oxygen, and nutrient-rich fluids from the outside to the inside of the discs
- The nutrients enable the torn and degenerated disc fibers to begin the healing process
- It reduces pain and promotes healing within the body
- The healing process happens in small increments, a little each session, but with regular treatments (often in as little as four to six weeks) the results are quite dramatic
Our team will tailor your specific treatment to fit your individual needs based upon your x-rays and physical examination. Some of the conditions include: herniated, bulging or protruding discs, sciatica, spinal stenosis and pinched nerves.
Not everyone is a candidate for spinal decompression, but everyone who comes to us will find pain relief and a healthier, happier outlook in life. When you feel better physically, it positively influences everything in your life!